Subscribe to our
Subscribe to the Unicorn Foundation e-Newsletter and become a Friend by entering your details in the spaces provided. Friends will be kept informed on the progress we make and how the donations are being allocated.
Kate Wakelin is a Registered Nurse with a Graduate Diploma in Psycho-Oncology. She has been caring for people affected by cancer for over 20 years, in areas including palliative care, radiotherapy, chemotherapy, research and supportive care. A major focus was piloting and implementing the successful Telephone and Internet Support Groups Program with with the Cancer Information and Support Service (Cancer Council Victoria). Throughout her career, Kate has maintained a passion for creating and maintaining innovative programs that strengthen the delivery of supportive care to people affected by cancer.
BS (Nursing), Grad. Dip. (Psycho-Oncology)
NET Nurse Support Role
1. Helpline : Monitoring the helpline (1300CURENETS) and returning calls to patients and families.
2. Email Service: Monitoring the email contact service and returning emails.
3. Patient Support Groups: Liaising with group facilitators ensuring they have adequate flyers, packages etc and organising speakers.
4. Liaising, supporting and building relationships with clinical oncology nurses with NET patients.
5. Attending national (and possibly International) NET Nurse Conferences as the Unicorn Foundation’s representative, including travel from time to time.
6. Producing relevant research to be presented at national scientific meetings.
NET Nurse Hotline
1300 CURE NETS (1300 287 363)
If you would like some general advice about your NET diagnosis, please call our NET Nurse on 1300 CURE NETS (287 363) or email firstname.lastname@example.org